OtterBox Zippo Lighter 1610 Case
(Conforms to DOT-E 14194 for checked baggage by Domestic passenger aircraft )
* Tested to meet stringent DOT standards
* Zippo Cargo Case by OtterBox is designed with special insert to hold a Zippo branded pocket lighter
* Completely rugged - waterproof to 100 ft., dustproof and drop-resistant
* Easy-open, yet secure latches provide extra protection and a silicone gasket creates a watertight seal
* Virtually indestructible polycarbonate
* Easy to use! Unconditional lifetime guarantee
Since the TSA's implementation, in April 2005, of Section 4025 of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, which banned all lighters from passenger cabins of commercial aircraft, Zippo explored alternatives for safely stowing lighters aboard aircraft.
In June 2005, the Department of Transportation (DOT) issued an exemption for previously fueled Zippo lighters in checked luggage. The new ruling, allows passengers to pack up to two previously fueled Zippo pocket lighters - each placed in an approved case - in checked luggage aboard all commercial airlines.